Scrolling

A lovely Dutch family home

It's the weeeeeeeekend! The sun's out, the snow's glittering and Friday drinks are in the fridge. Plus I've founnd a fab home to keep us inspired through out the weekend (love today!). Owned by Maaike of art shop My Deer, her husband Jeffrey and two children in Holland, it's calm, relaxed and ever so slightly luxurious (bathroom in the bedroom, how lovely!). It's no secret that I like this home - I've previously shown one of the children's rooms here and the entire home here. And now Jelte Janmaat has captured the space from a new angle for vtwonen and I had to share the results! The white family home is filled with classic design pieces, rustic wood furniture, vintage items and the odd high street find. The perfect space for a weekend, don't you think?!









Photography: Jelte Janmaat, Magazine/blog: vtwonen. Homeowner: My Deer.


A few items I know and love: House doctor rug, Lounge chair, rustic workman's stool,  black work lamp and this glass cabinet is similar from IKEA, artwork and prints from My Deer Art Shop

I think the stand out piece for me is the 'Dipped girl' limited edition painting in the sitting room created by Maaike. It's based on ‘A Young Girl Reading’ or 'The Reader' by the French artist Jean-HonorΓ© Fragonard (1732 – 1806). Such a beautiful piece!

Is there anything that stands out to you?

I'm off to enjoy a couple of days with my parents who are over visiting from London. I think some sledging is on the agenda (with my girls), an outdoor barbecue lunch in the snow (are we nuts?!),  plus supper out at this fab restaurant (one day I must do a city guide for MalmΓΆ, what do you think?).  Have you got any fun plans?

Have a fab couple of days and see you Monday!
 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I always wonder why Dutch and Scandinavian design has so much in common. Does anybody else have any ideas? I wondered if it was similar weather or a similar culture (hygge and gezzeligheid seem similar and are not part of culture in the UK for example) or some other reason?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do homes in northern Europe have so few rugs? I am a rug geek and love to have the feel of a rug underfoot in the cold winter months. Yet I see very few rugs and almost no large rugs in homes in northern Europe. Any ideas why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if the UK is Northern European enough!, but I have no rugs in my house. This is because I tend to think they are trip hazards, but mainly because British houses are so small that anything that creates the illusion of clutter or narrowing the space is unwelcome. Our rooms look bigger without a rug drawing the eye to the floor and the middle of the room. I imagine that houses in other European countries, especially the population dense Netherlands, will be quite small in comparison to US and Australian homes.

      Delete
    2. Maybe also due to helath/cleaning issues? I think there are lots of bacteria, dirt etc. in rugs that can't really be vacuumed well. Anyway, that's my main reason for not having any rugs in my house. Also, the space usually looks smaller and cluttered as Rebecca pointed out.

      Delete
  3. A lovely home, but the taste for fashion photography of beautiful female models totally perplexes me and it seems very shallow. I just don't get it. If someone else does please enlighten me because I genuinely wish to understand this trend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you are having a discussion on here. The comment section here is a place to share thoughts and views. To add my thoughts here, I see that some people get their inspiration portrayed in fashion / portrait photography - it could be the feeling / mood it could be the lighting etc. In both instances here Maiike's used fashion photography as part of a mood board. There are many fashion photographers who are iconic and their pictures are seen as art in their own right - such as Annie Liebovitz, Helmut Newton, Mario Testino to name but a few. Some people prefer this type of art to for example oil paintings (which often also portray beautiful women). Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

      Delete
    2. At best, these photographs seem pleasing and/or pretty but do not approach art - artful, maybe. Some photos make it beyond artful but I haven't see anything here so far.

      Delete
  4. That couch is awesome – I would really love to know where to find one! Thanks a lot in advance for any info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooove that coffee table in the first picture. I have been on the hunt (and am failing) for a wooden coffee table that I can sand and restain to look like new in a few years when my little boys aren't so hard on our furniture. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I was just searching for a new coffee table, I can answer your question. That table on pictures is from dutch company HK living. They have similar as well from another dutch company Woood. Really nice!

      Delete
    2. Hey Meredith,
      This coffeetable is from HK living (a dutch brand) I think. It's made out of recycled teakwood, so it might be suitable?
      You can find it here, they might ship to wherever you live?http://m.fonq.nl/product/hk-living-koffie-tafel/49871/

      Good luck finding nice furniture!

      By the way, it's nice to see more and more dutch homes here on the blog!

      Delete
  6. Omg, I just have the same carpet as in pic 2. It looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definetly love your blog!!!!!!! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that tub! I also like the bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi ;-)
    I´ve been visiting your blog and I love it. I love the scandinavian home decor: it´s simple, cozy,
    rustic, with natural elements, with affection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO