Scrolling

Country-style in a modern flat - with surprising results!

There's something about this space. I think it could be the touch of classic country-style (kitchen cabinets, wood paneled walls, traditional dark wood furniture, black and white bathroom) within a 1920's maisonette / duplex in the centre of Gothenburg, Sweden. The owners have added a modern touch through picture gallery walls, colour coordinated book shelves, some fab vintage pieces and mid-century finds. Vitally, even though the space has been styled for sale, its warm, relaxed soul still shines through.  I love it when eclectic comes together!










Stadshem

Is this your style?

Get the look: The light over the kitchen table is RENARP. I love this classic kitchen apron. Paint an old chest-of-drawers in Farrow & Ball Blue Ground for a similar effect. Source sheepskin and reindeer rugs here. Nest.co.uk sells a safari chair. You can buy iron staircase replicas here.

For beautiful Scandinavian country-style inspiration some of my favourite homes include this renovated farmhouse, this charming rustic home and this former fisherman's cottage. Oh how I sometimes dream of moving to the country!

I'm so happy as my Dad arrived from London yesterday - and he brought snow and sunshine with him.  You wouldn't believe the amazing light, I'm planning on wrapping up warm (BRRRR!) and going for a walk along the beach. What are your plans for today?

Have a great day!

PS On Saturday I'm holding a St Valentine's Day give-away in collaboration with Occa-Home (yes, it's so exciting that I'm already talking about it!) I won't give the game away, but the prize is something modern Scandinavian and oh so fab!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Awesome! I'm in love with the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cosy kitchen! I actually dream of moving to the country too :-)…such a wonderful idea sitting on the steps in front of your little house with a warm coffee und around you only nature…we once had a small fisher house near the sea for the weekends, I really miss this…love your blog Niki! Mel, www.northletters.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! where are the kitchen chairs from?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO