Scrolling

A home with red floors - with surprising results!

It's not often you come across a home with bright red floors throughout, even in Holland where there's a general love of vibrant pops of colour (alla this and this home). I was sceptical I must say, but when I took the tour of the home (beautifully captured by Holly and Jansje) I was pleasantly surprised. Owners Sanne (an industrial designer) and Tim (an architect), bought this lovely space by the sea in The Hague back in 2013 and set about renovating it one design move at a time. They've filled the house with vintage treasures and upcycled furniture collected over the years (the shelves in the sitting room are made from reclaimed stair treads!) as well as the odd modern find. The result is a relaxed, eclectic and vibrant family home. Let's take a tour...




 






Shared with kind permission: Styling - Holly Marder, Photography - Janske Klazinga.
Wow! What a lovely home. I love the quirky touches and blend of old and new. And of course their cute children!

And what did you make of the painted red floor?

I had the pleasure of meeting Holly and Jansje when they came to photograph my home last year. Such a talented duo! Other spaces shot By Jansje include Tina Fussell's lovely Danish home (also styled by Holly) and a Dutch home in a former children's nursery.

If you fancy a little more beautiful Dutch inspiration today, there's also a whole archive to explore here (scroll passed the first one as it might be this home), I do love a dose of Dutch style, don't you?

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. How I love this bold color on the floor......but I wouldn't dare! ^-^
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I wouldn't expect this outcome! It's so warm!
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the floor - colour rules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about red floor...But I love the illustrations in the kids rooms like giant coloring books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, thank you for posting this lovely space! It's a great feeling to see somebody else has got a vibrant floor colour as well. I have painted my bedroom floorboards yellow ( F & B ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous. Many years ago I had a Marley tiled floor in my kitchen with red apples all over it. I adored and still miss it. Colour can be so amazing and so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO